Great Lakes Scrip CardsGreat Lakes Scrip is an easy, fast way to put money in your student's account! Simply purchase store gift cards for everyday purchases such as gas, eating out, travel, clothing and many others, or to give as gifts for any occasion. The merchants give a percentage of the gift card purchase to the Band, with 1/2 of that being deposited directly into your student's account.
An Easy Way to Earn Funds - Costs you Nothing!
How to Order
1. Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
2. Register: Sign on as a member or sign up as a new member. The enrollment code for Band Boosters Oakton High School is: D545F9D36237. This code is case sensitive -- type it exactly as you see it here.
3. Order: Select the cards and quantity you plan to purchase. Encourage family and friends to place orders through you.
4. Deliver your check: Write a check to BBOHS for the amount of your purchase. Your check must be delivered to the band lockbox in the band director's office, by 2:00pm on the date due; otherwise, your order will not be released for delivery until the next order is placed and your check has been received.
5. Pick up your cards: An e-mail will be sent out announcing arrival of the cards. Make arrangements with the GL Scrip coordinator, Bill Rigger for pick up.
NOTE: All cards you purchase should have been “activated” by GLScrip before they were sent out. If you receive a card that has not been properly pre-activated (some Giant cards for example), and the card is not accepted at the register, take it to customer service at that store for activation.
1. If your order includes “reload” cards mixed with other new cards -- or if you pay by check -- then the reload will not occur until the GLScrip order is release each month by the coordinator.
2. If your order includes “reload” only and you pay using PrestoPay, your order will be processed immediately by GLScrip and your reload will occur within 24-48 hours of your order. NOTE: To make sure you receive the proper credit toward your student, do not place your order between the date/time listed as the monthly cutoff for checks and the date/time the cards are ready for pickup or you risk having your order missed in the monthly Student Accounts report.
*Write your GLScrip check separately - do not combine with any other band checks.
*In order to receive credit to your student's account you must place the order through your e-mail address. You must place orders for friends or relatives.
*Check the retailer list to confirm locations where you can use the cards. For example, the Giant Eagle card is not for the local Giant Food. For our local Giant Food/Super Giant cards you will need to order the Giant Food (Stop and Shop) card
Paying with PrestoPay
To avoid having to deliver a check each month to pay for your GL Scrip order, you can sign up to pay using Presto Pay. Watch this video to learn how to register for and use Presto Pay.
Presto pay is setup between you and GL Scrip directly. GL Scrip will charge you a convenience fee of $0.15 per transaction. It’s a four step processs:
1. You fill out the prestopay application on the GL Scrip site https://www.shopwithscrip.com/myaccount/proxepay.aspx
2. GL Scrip will make two random (small) deposits into your bank account to test the electronic fund transfer
3. Once you notice the deposits, you report the amounts to GL Scrip to verified that accuracy of the transaction (see their info. message on your home screen after login)
4. They will immediately give you an activiation code that you send to the BBOHS GL Script Coordinator who will authorize your account for prestopay use.
Once authorized, you can make purchases using either Check or PrestoPay options.
Watch these videos to learn how the scrip concept works, the earning potential, and how easy it is to participate!
Contact our GLScrip Coordinator, Bill Rigger, with questions!